You’ve heard of a bucket list, but what about a themed bucket list? Specifically one for your must see sporting events. Below you’ll find our personal bucket list of the top sporting events we’d like to see live in 2018 (or any year for that matter!). And, if you feel the way we do and want to attend some or all of these, we hope you’ll think of us when booking your getaway.
In alphabetical order, here are the top events we want to see:
- Belmont Stakes – Held June 8-10 at Belmont Park in New York, the Belmont Stakes is the final and most demanding race of thoroughbred racing’s prestigious Triple Crown.
- Canadian Grand Prix – Also held in June, this is one of Formula 1’s most anticipated races annually at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Sightseeing in Quebec plus racing? Count us in! Event dates are June 8-11.
- Champions League Final – Slated for May 25-21 in Ukraine, the top two football (read soccer) teams in Europe will go head to head for the European Champion Clubs’ Cup.
- Daytona 500 – This race occurs on the Daytona International Speedway in Florida February 17-19. We’re certainly okay with flying south for the winter!
- Final Four – March 30 through April 3 the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas will play host to this college basketball event.
- French Open – May 27 through June 10 Roland Garros in Paris, France this tennis contest will play out for all to see. It’s considered by many to be harder to play on than most courts forcing players to show off how skilled they really are.
- Indianapolis 500 – Proving that we need some clones to see all of these events on our bucket list is the Indianapolis 500 May 25 through the 28 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is the premier event of the IndyCar series.
- Kentucky Derby – All the extravagance comes about at this horse race at Churchill Downs in Louisville Kentucky May 3 through the 6.
- Masters – Shh!!! No talking while they’re golfing. Who will win at the Augusta National Golf Club April 2-8? We’re anxious to see the greatest names in golf play for the title.
- Monaco Grand Prix – This car race held in Monte Carlo May 24-28 would make even James Bond blush a little.
- NBA All-Star – This pro basketball event will be held February 16-19 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
- Preakness Stakes – May 18-20, the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore will host this exciting horse race.
- Spanish Grand Prix – Fast cars and Barcelona? Yes, please! Spain will host the Spanish Grand Prix May 11-14.
- Super Bowl – The most important of all football games, am I right? Minneapolis, Minnesota will host this match February 4 at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Winter Games – If you care to brave the really cold, and are a fan of the Olympic Winter Games, head to South Korea February 9-25 to catch at least one, two or a few of the matches in several different sports.
Ready to book your sports bucket list getaway? Ingenious Travel can help you with everything from flights and hotels, dinner reservations and transportation, and even tickets to the big games! Call us at (888) 695-0321 today!