We’ve been getting pretty excited learning all about the upcoming cruises by Adventures by Disney. They have certainly taken the idea of luxury of river cruising and given it the kind of upgrade any Disney star including Mickey himself would approve of. Today, we’re exploring the Rhine River itinerary Adventures by Disney is offering. We think you’ll find yourself wanting to hop aboard this exciting cruise vacation after you read more about it.
You’ll travel to six destinations in four countries on this 8-day/7-night Adventures by Disney Rhine River cruise vacation. Your trip will begin in Basel, Switzerland and end in Amsterdam, The Netherlands with plenty of exciting experiences along the way.
- Cruise departure: You’ll fly into Basel Airport where you’ll be transported to Basel, Switzerland – the city the cruise will depart from. Be sure to ask Ingenious Travel about early arrival activities and accommodations, attractions and dining reservations should you decide you would like to explore Switzerland before your cruise.
- On-board cruise experience: You’ll enjoy 8 days and 7 nights aboard either the AmaKristina or the AmaMora river cruise boat (depending on when your cruise travel dates take place). Both boats feature spacious staterooms, a heated pool, a massage and hair salon, a gift shop and a specialty coffee station.
- Cruise arrival: On day 8 your cruise boat will arrive in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and you can either depart same day from Amsterdam Airport Schipol, or stick around another day or two to explore The Netherlands. Again, be sure to ask Ingenious Travel about late departure activities and accommodations, attractions and dining reservations should you decide you would like to explore The Netherlands before your flight home.
What’s included in your all-inclusive cruise:
– your accommodations
– daily excursions
– 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
– unlimited local wine, beer, and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on-board
– select meals off the ship for added experiences with regional cuisine
– a cocktail reception, special welcome dinner, and Captain’s Gala Dinner
– all entertainment on-board the ship such as a nightly piano lounge, baking class for kids, karaoke nights and more
– complimentary bicycle rentals at each port
– bottled water in all state rooms replenished daily and
- Black Forest Adventures Ride a toboggan through the pastoral landscape and learn to make an iconic cuckoo pipe.
- Heidelberg Castle Tour Learn about the history of this renowned storybook castle that dates back to 1614.
- Riquewihr Excursion Enjoy this quaint medieval village with its cobblestone streets and 13th-century structures.
- Strasbourg Walking Tour Explore this amazing city and the Gothic Cathedral de Notre Dame with its Rhine River views.
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise See this picturesque city and its remarkable attractions as you glide down one its 165 canals.
- Van Gogh Museum Marvel at the largest collection of this master painter’s works, then express yourself on canvas.
- Rhine Gorge Castle Cruise Sail through the Rhine Gorge and the lovely shoreline that’s populated with 30 iconic castles.
- Chocolate Museum Discover the history and culture of this tasty treat, then sample some amazing chocolate.
- Indoor Winter Park Sled, tube or hit the ropes at this indoor ski hall that’s home to wonderful wintry games.
- Rüdesheim Gondola Ride Take to the sky via a gondola ride to Niederwald Monument for amazing panoramic views.
- Cologne Walking Tour Walk around this historic 2,000 year old city that is now a cultural hub of galleries and museums.
- Medieval Wine Caves Head down to the basement caves of Cave Historique Des Hospices and its ancient wine barrels.
- Horseback Riding in Riquewihr Ride the trails of the Champ du Feu and enjoy breathtaking views from atop a horse.
If you would like to learn more about cruising the Rhine River, or one of the other Adventures by Disney cruise itineraries, call Ingenious Travel at 888.695.0321. We look forward to helping you create the perfect vacation for yourself and your family!