With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and Ireland on the brain, I thought it was the perfect time to break out my Irish Teatime Recipes book and share some yumminess! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 medium sized bowls
- Pan for water Cupcake pan (or decorative shamrock cup cake pan)
- Cupcake paper liners
- Cooling rack
4 oz. butter 4 oz. flour
4 oz. caster sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs White glace icing
Green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl set over a pan of warm water, then stir in butter mixture a little at a time
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold in
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan
- Pour batter into liners
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a baking rack
- Cover the cupcakes with ¾ of the icing
- Add the green food coloring to the remaining icing
- Putting the remaining icing into a plastic baggie, push the icing to one of the corners, twisting the top (make it cone shaped)
- Cut the corner and use the baggie as nozzle and create shamrocks in the center of the cupcakes
A little trivia: These little iced sponge cakes were traditionally baked in three-cornered tins to represent shamrocks! What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat? Let us know in the comments below!
*Disclaimer – the picture above is not what the cupcakes look like. I ran out of time to bake!