Deciding on a destination for an adventure trip can be overwhelming. If you don’t even know where to begin, it makes it that much more difficult to come up with the perfect vacation for yourself and your travel companions. With that in mind, below are just three adventure trips for your consideration that might get the wheels in your head spinning, and help you figure out what a dream adventure trip would look like for you.
A Moroccan Holiday
Imagine immersing yourself in the culture of Morocco. You’ll enjoy things like bartering for leather goods in the medina of Marrakech, climbing the dunes of the Sahara Desert or trekking through the otherworldly beauty of the Atlas Mountains. Top sites in Morocco include:
- Fez – The intellectual and religious Center of Morocco. does has many mosques and medersas (theological colleges) including the 9th century Karouine University, whose architecture is very similar to that seen in Moorish Spain.
- Atlas Mountains – Perhaps the best place to trek here is the surprisingly fertile valleys of these rough mountains.
- Jebel Sahro – a mountain range perfect for winter trekking
- Marrakech – one of the ancient capitals of Morocco. The soul of Marrakech is the “Djemaa el Fna” square – acrobats, story tellers, snake charmers, boxing matches and food stalls provide the main draw for the population of this great city, and provides a great place to people watch.
- Mount Toubkal – Located in the High Atlas Mountains, Mt. Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa and stands more than 13,000 feet above sea level.
- Sahara Desert – the spot to be if you ever dreamed of riding a camel along sandy plains that feel like they go on for an eternity
A Southeast Asian Adventure Tour
Want to visit more than just one country on an Asian getaway? Perhaps the Southeast Asian Adventure Tour would serve you best. This action packed journey takes you across Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Sample delicious varied cuisine and master chopstick skills!
- A night in a village homestay
- Cruise the waterways of the Mekong Delta by dug-out boat
- Crawl through the Cu Chi war tunnels
- Fruit and pepper plantations of rural Cambodia
- Cycle tour of the Angkor Wat temple complex
- Bangkok’s glittering Grand Palace and huge reclining Buddha
Explore the Highlights of Ancient Greece
The ancient Greece vacation experience begins in the capital city of Athens, and includes visits to some of the most significant arguable sites in the country, including the Acropolis, Ancient Mycenae and Epidaurus. You’ll also visit the mediaeval castle town of Mystras, Ancient Olympia, where the first Olympic Games took place, Delphi, where heaven and earth met in the ancient world, and the unique ‘stone forest’ of Meteora, one of the largest Orthodox communities in Greece and the Balkans. You’ll also enjoy visits to a large part of mainland Greece, including the Peloponnese Peninsula and Central Greece, enjoying both the beautiful coastline and lush forests and mountains!
As you might have guessed we have barely scratched the surface of the adventure trips that are available to you through our travel partners. If you would like to learn more about these destinations, or any of the other dozens of travel opportunities you can take with Ingenious Travel, call us at 888.695.0321 today.