Having a great time with your loved ones in a special place is definitely priceless. However, you don’t have to break the bank for the experience. There are many things you can do to cut back a few dollars that will add up to big savings. If you can stretch the budget, you’ll have more to spend for your family’s enjoyment and less stress.
So, here are a few family vacation money saving tips you can easily do while on a holiday trip with your family:
- Where you eat can make a large impact on your vacation budget. Choose hotels that offer free breakfast. However, do not be too hasty booking one for this reason alone. Check out how much they will be charging for the room sans the free breakfast. If there is a huge difference and it turns out to be a wasteful expense than a money-saving strategy, chuck the freebie and just go for the room instead.
- If you have little kids in tow, check out restaurants that allow the young ones to share with the adult’s food. Kid-friendly bistros will happily give you an extra plate so you can split the meals without extra charge.
- Do not eat out if you don’t have to. You can buy much cheaper food in the grocery store or the local market. Once you have all the ingredients, you can easily prepare sandwiches that you can wrap for a nice picnic in a scenic park. Or, you can just eat them in your room while you are preparing to leave for your next destination. It is also a good idea to pack some snacks so that you have something to feed the kids in between meals without buying overpriced and often unhealthy food in touristy areas.
- Drinks on the go are also major wallet-busters during family vacations. To ensure that you keep your family hydrated without spending too much for it, bring along refillable water bottles. Choose water refillable containers with hygienic and safety features. This will ensure that you don’t sacrifice your family’s health to save money.
- Take advantage of tourist passes. This will allow the whole family to enjoy multiple tourist sites and transportation options for less. However, if you have a large family, renting a car may turn out to be more efficient and cost-friendly than taking public transportation. If this is the case, opt for passes exclusive to tourist destinations only.
- If you are staying in a hotel, make use of its amenities. You don’t have to pay admission to the nearby water park if your kids can enjoy your hotel’s kiddie pool and playground.
- Rather than paying hefty amounts for organized tours, research the must see tourist attractions that your family will particularly love and enjoy. You can easily organize your own day trips at less than half the price of what you’ll pay for prearranged tours.
- Also, you may want to consider if all-inclusive family vacations are right for your family. Check out what you can get for how much. All-inclusive deals may turn out to be the most cost-friendly vacation option for you.
The rule is to consider all your options. Do your calculations and find out which will give you the most convenience, enjoyment and comfort at the least possible cost. If you do this, you can easily save hundreds of dollars on your next family vacation and actually enjoy your time.
Contact us today so we can help you plan a creative yet cost-effective family vacation!